Dear Shareholders, Followers and Consumers
We are pleased to announce we have finished an exclusive agreement with Fungestores, a non-profit organization(NPO) in Colombia that we have been working with for three years. The Colombian government uses the same protocol that the United States uses, in that all contracts must be submitted by "open bid" unless submitted by a NPO. Fungestores has more than ten years’ experience working with illegal farmers and victims of the conflict and now we have an exclusive contract with them.
What does this mean for us?
By joining forces, we are now able to present projects to the government and request grant based funding that will benefit our farmers and allow our project to succeed.
We just presented our first project to the Colombian government and expect to get a response back within twenty (20) days. We are working with Fungestores to present more projects to the government over the coming months.
The Colombian government has received $800,000,000 USD from the World Bank in December, 2016 for the post-conflict
The Obama administration left almost $500 Million USD to Colombia to remove land mines, replace illegal crops and rural development projects
Together with the EU Member States, the EU has invested €1.5 billion in peacebuilding activities in Colombia.
All this funding goes to cover the following 5 POINTS from the peace treaty:
1) A bilateral cease fire has been signed and the FARC rebels will hand in all weapons to the United Nations.
2) Over 6,000,000 displaced farmers are now returning to their homes trying to rebuild a life after a five-decade struggle.
3) A program for land restitution by the US and Colombian governments has been set up for those displaced by the struggle.
4) One of the agreements of the peace treaty allow the FARC to be reintegrated into society. Furthermore, their organization will advance as a political movement, which will ultimately participate in the 2018 National election.
5) Both the present government and the FARC have agreed to cooperate in collective efforts to eradicate drug trafficking, which has been the primary role in fueling the conflict. Sacha Inchi is the only crops that has been accepted by both FARC and the illegal farmers as the ideal crop to substitute illegal crops
Our project cover 3 of the 5 points of the peace agreement
About Fundacion Gestores Sociales
A non-profit organization working with Colombian community in a situation of vulnerability, guiding and leading the formulation, management and execution of integral care projects that promote the improvement of the quality of life and the eradication of poverty, especially the victims of the conflict in Colombia.
Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements:
Our public communications and SEC filings may contain "forward-looking statements" – that is, statements related to future, not past, events. In this context, forward-looking statements often address our expected future business and financial performance and financial condition, and often contain words such as "expect," "anticipate," "intend," "plan," "believe," "seek," "see," "will," "would," or "target."
Forward-looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain, such as statements about our announced plan to reduce the size of our financial services businesses, including expected cash and non-cash charges associated with this plan and earnings per share of QED retained businesses (Verticals); expected income; earnings per share; revenues; organic growth; growth and productivity associated with our Digital business; margins; cost structure; restructuring charges; acquisition-related synergies; cash flows; returns on capital and investment; capital expenditures, capital allocation or capital structure; and dividends.